Psalm 103: Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
It is so easy to forget all that the Lord has done for us, even when we don’t realize at the time what He is doing for us. Sometimes you cannot understand why God put you in contact with someone, but later you find out they were divine connections, not random.
Just this afternoon, my husband said that he went to visit a kind, elderly couple nearby to do a quick plumbing job for them. He wasn’t going to charge them, but they wanted to bless him since they knew he was a volunteer pastor and up until now, has been a volunteer director of our men’s recovery house. They gave him a check for $500! They didn’t know how much we needed that, but God did. More than financially, it was a great encouragement for my husband and I to know that God knows our needs and will provide through anyone He chooses. Our Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills.
So this is your assignment for today – show your gratitude by remembering what the Lord has done for you. Speak it out loud to Him and write it in your journal.
1. What benefits has He put in your life that you may have forgotten?
2. What sicknesses and/or diseases has He healed you of? It doesn’t have to be major surgery, but any sickness from which you have recovered.
3. What pit (dark, low place) has He ever rescued you from?
4. When have you sensed His love and compassion for you?
5. When did He satisfy you with something good that you didn’t get for yourself by your own efforts?