Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Revelation 4:* Day and night they never stop saying:
“‘Holy, holy, holy
is the Lord God Almighty,’[b]
who was, and is, and is to come.”
How often do we really stop to think about how God was there with us in our past, He is here with us in the present, and He will be there in the future? If we really believed that He is the Lord God Almighty who is, and who was, and who is to come, we would
– remember His past faithfulness,
– acknowledge His presence in our current situation, and
– commit to Him what will happen in the future.
Our problem is that, in all honestly, we have a tendency to completely forget He even exists in the middle of our crisis or simply busy activities. It is like He disappears from our life, and all of a sudden, we believe the lie that we alone must find a way to figure out the answers to our problems and miraculously come up with the power to make it happen. The moment we forget that He IS the answer to all of our problems, we take upon us the weight of the world.
But I want to remind you again today that He is the Lord God ALMIGHTY, with all power to handle every situation that arises. He was from the beginning, and has seen all of your life rolled out before Him like a scroll before you were even created. There is nothing that will catch Him by surprise that He doesn’t know how to handle (unlike us).
He is present with you at every moment, waiting for you to turn to Him for the wisdom and power you need to get through the day. He never leaves you nor forsakes you, NOT FOR ONE SECOND! He hems you in from in front and behind, going before you and protecting you from the rear as well.
And since He is outside time, time is like a length of string on the table in front of Him – it does not limit Him, but instead He sees the beginning to the end all in one glance. He will move things around in the spirit realm as well as the physical realm to ensure that His plan will unfold according to His will, even despite those who refuse to surrender to Him. He is the Master Chess Player, always countering the moves of the enemy of your soul and those on earth who choose to go their own way.
So whatever you are going through today, remember that He will remain faithful and present, wherever you go and whatever you do. You can trust that no man can take you out of His hand. Regardless of the schemes of the wicked and the unfaithful, God will continue to provide for all of your needs as you seek and trust in Him.
Questions for the day:
1) Who was – recount to yourself the times that God has been there for you in the past. Encourage yourself and build up your faith by remembering this.
2) Who is – what do you need Him to do for you today? He is standing right there, waiting for you to call out to Him and ask Him for it. Ask now.
3) Who is to come – what are you worrying will happen tomorrow? Will God be right there beside you tomorrow, able to give you what you need at that time too? Then tell Him you will leave tomorrow to itself, because today has more than enough trouble of its own. Consciously choose to commit tomorrow to God’s capable hands. He’ll be there for you then, too.